PE Days / PE Kit
Your child's PE Days for Spring Term 2023 are:
- Nursery - Tuesday
- Reception - Tuesday
- Year 1CT - Wednesday
- Year 2NR - Friday
- Y2HF - Friday
- Year 3KB - Thursday
- Year 3NB - Thursday
- Year 4LM - Tuesday (Swimming in Spring Term 1)
- Year 5JR - Tuesday
- Year 5AW - Tuesday
- Year 6VS - Friday
- Year 6SH - Friday
- For PE, the children should wear plain black, blue (any shade of blue) or white shorts and a plain white, blue or black T-shirt.
- Football tops, and multi-coloured or striped shorts, are not part of our PE Uniform.
- Black plimsolls or plain black unbranded trainers are required for indoor P.E. sessions
- Some girls are wearing PE skirts with ‘built-in shorts’ – these are absolutely fine as an alternative to regular shorts.
- Outdoors: jogging bottoms in plain black, blue, grey or white. Long sleeved sweatshirt in plain black, blue, grey or white.
- If a regular PE session is to be held outdoors, we will give you advance notice of this, including information of whether it will be on the playground or on the field.
- For outdoor football sessions (or other outdoor sessions in damp conditions), all children will need appropriate footwear. These can be in the form of sturdy trainers, which may get very muddy, or football boots. They should be kept separate from other P.E. kit.
- For outdoor football on grass – lunchtime or after school club – football boots are recommended – and we will leave the type up to parents. In very dry conditions, trainers are sometimes better – our teachers and coaches will provide advice in advance.
PE Kit - to sum-up:
Wearing PE Kit on PE Days
We’re continuing our policy of allowing the children to wear PE kit to school on PE days. However, given the chilly weather, the children should wear plain jogging bottoms and a school sweatshirt or jumper over the PE kit, to keep them warm. Please note that PE kit is a plain top & plain shorts, not football tops or football shorts or other overly branded items.
For health & safety reasons, jewellery must not be worn for school. This includes bracelets, necklaces & fancy earrings. If a parent wants their child to have pierced ears, a small, plain stud may be worn for school. Sparkly, gemstone type ear-rings are not permitted. Hooped and drop earrings are not allowed as these are a potential safety hazard. Studs must be removed for PE, or simply not worn on a PE day. If your child is unable to remove the stud, please ensure that it’s not worn on a PE day.