What is the Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals and those looked after by the local authority.
To ensure that every child receives the support he/she needs:
- to develop as a confident, independent learner
- to develop academic and social skills,
- so that talents can be unlocked & nurtured (academic, creative, sporting etc)
- to access the curriculum fully
- to make good academic progress
- to achieve at least national expectations particularly in the Literacy and Numeracy.
Plans and Impact