Year 4 - Mrs Millican
Welcome to Year 4
Important things to remember:
- Please remember to bring in reading books and home/school diaries every day. They will be checked and signed every Monday.
- Violins and Cellos need to be brought in to school on a Tuesday.
- Football with Arj is on a Wednesday lunchtime. Please bring football kits to school to change into.
- Our P.E. day is a Tuesday (Swimming) and Friday (Dance). Children may come to school dressed in their jogging bottoms with their school tops.
- Learning at Home books should be returned on a Thursday and new work will be given out on a Friday.
- Water bottles should be brought in to school every day.
October - Freeze Frames
The children recounted the Mayan Battle of Quirigua by creating fabulous freeze frames in preparation for their letter writing next week.
October - Visit to St Aidan's Church
This week, year 4 visited St Aidan's Church where Father David taught us all about Baptism. We had a wonderful time looking at all of the items used in the ceremony and watching Dave, the minion, being baptised.
September - Fire Safety
This month, the Year 4 children had a very important lesson from a visitor from the fire service. They learned that prevention is vital and by being careful, they could stop fires from starting in the first place. Important lessons that the children learned included being careful if using portable heaters, not playing with matches, and not overloading electrical sockets, Children were also given a Home Fire Safety Workbook to help them become ‘fire detectives’ and to pass on their safety messages.
September - Science
In science, the Y4 are learning all about ‘States of Matter’. We have been finding out about solids, liquids and gases and how different materials can change state. This week, we experimented with some non-Newtonian liquids – slime! We had lots of fun observing what happened when we squashed, bounced and stretched the slime to see how it acted!
September - New Outdoor Gym
We had a wonderful time today using the new gym equipment that has been installed during the summer holidays.
September - Swimming
Our class will be swimming this half term at Southmoor! We can't wait to start our lessons this week.