Year 3 - Mrs bewick
Important things to remember:
- Please remember to bring in reading books and home/school diaries every day. Children are expected to read at home at least 3 times a week. Please sign your child's Home School Diary when you have listened to them read.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and/or a Thursday.
- Learning at Home folders should be returned on a Thursday and new work will be given out on a Friday.
- If you have music lessons, please remember your violin every Tuesday.
- Football with Arj is on a Wednesday lunchtime. Please bring football kits to school to change into.
- Our PE day is on a Tuesday. Children can come to school already in their PE kit. Please ensure the correct PE kit is worn along with suitable, non-marking footwear or plimsoles (not black soled trainers). Jewellery should not be worn on this day and please make sure hair is tied back.
- Water bottles should be brought in to school every day.
- Every Friday we have Fruity Fantasy at playtime. Children can bring money to buy a snack but no more than 60p is needed for this.
Year 3 have had a fabulous October! In DT, the children finished their Pneumatics topic by creating their very own moving fox. The children observed a number of systems before deciding the air pressure method would work best for their designs. During Maths, the children have moved on to Addition and Subtraction. During English, the children wrote their first five part narrative based on our class text ‘The Fox and the Star’.
In English, we have been looking at the story of ‘The Fox and the Star’. They have thoroughly enjoyed looking at the illustrations and the accompanying narrative about a lonely fox who builds a friendship with a star in the night sky. The children are using their knowledge from the book to create their own four part narrative with a forest animal of their choosing. In Design and Technology, linked to our stories, the children are creating their own pneumatic animal using a balloon and syringe to make it move. We can’t wait to see the finished products. Year 3 have really enjoyed PE this half term and have been learning new skills linked to Tennis. They have loved playing games to practise these skills and work together as a team. Year 3 have also enjoyed their first visit to Broomhouse Farm. We looked at autumn changes around the farm and then met some of the animals as well as the farmers.