year 2 - Mrs Mitchell
Important things to Remember...
- Our PE day is a Tuesday.
- Please ensure that you remember to bring your water bottle into school everyday so we can keep you hydrated and ready to learn.
- Reading books should be brought to school everyday.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday.
- Children should be reading at least 3 times a week at home.
- Home learning tasks will be given out on a Friday and we ask if they could be completed and returned no later than the following Thursday.
We have been enjoying investigating plants in Science. This week, we have been checking the progress of our cress seeds that we planted. We placed cress seeds in three pots and we put them in 3 different places in our classroom. We wanted to find out how the amount of light would affect the growth of the seeds. The cress that was in full light on the windowsill was the most bushy and a luscious green.
We showed off our fantastic sewing skills in Design Technology. We were able to create our own Easter decoration using felt and we sewed, stuffed and decorated them too.
Great Fire of London
We learned so much about The Great Fire of London and we got into character when we captured a freeze frame of one of the key events. We created a beautiful silhouette picture in Art which formed the focal point of our reports that we created in English and History.
We had a tee-rific time taking part in a tri golf session and we learned many skills through a variety of games that helped us when we were introduced to the golf club and ball.
We loved taking part in French day and enjoyed creating art inspired by the Belgian artist Magritte. We focused on the country Belgium as all classes learned about a different French speaking country. We also had lots of fun drawing famous landmarks and listening to stories in French.