Our School Council
The School Council
- Enables all children to contribute to the development and improvement of their school community.
- Shows the children that their opinions matter, and that they can 'make a difference'.
- Helps the children understand the importance of discussion, negotiation, cooperation and so on, in bringing about change.
- Helps our pupils grow in self-esteem and confidence.
- Helps to make our school a happy and harmonious place, within which everyone is valued.
- Full School Council meetings are held approximately monthly, with smaller offshoot meetings as required, for special projects and events.
- School Council members take notes at the meetings, and then update their own classes as to the latest School Council news..
- In meetings, School Council members can feedback on the views of their classmates.
Recent School Council Activities and Projects
- Our School Council judged the winners in our annual Easter Egg design competition.
- Our School Council members worked with our Playground Buddies, on our Buddy Bench project.
- The School Council acted as narrators and presenters for our Harvest Festival Assemblies.